Monday, September 5, 2011

Week in Review

I was going to say I didn't have the greatest week, but seeing as how I purchased, listed and sold 3 pairs of shoes in less that a week this week, I'll have to reconsider!

Goodwill & Thrift Store
Dansko women's shoes, 2 pair of Stride Rite shoes (always look for wide width!), a pair of toddler Gymboree clogs, a TY Pluffie, and a Gap velvet jumper for $1 (I've got several Christmas dresses I'll be listing in a month or so). The shoes were $4 for the women's and $1.50-$3 for the kid's shoes. The stuffed animal was $1.59. I also picked up a Blue's Clues Wilton cake pan for $1.99.


Yard Sales/Church Rummage Sale
Not many sales close by last weekend (surprising since it was a holiday), but since I wanted to hit a church rummage sale a little farther out of my normal sale-zone, I found a few in that area. One was in a well-off neighborhood and I picked it because it advertised clothes in my daughter's size. I started through the small stacks of clothes (all $2 each) and was quite discouraged when everything I pulled out had a stain... Until I pulled out a mini Boden corduroy top that was pristine and the lady says, "My daughter wouldn't wear that one because it had a collar." Great to know! She also had a pair of girl's basically new Born shoes for $7 (more than I normally pay, but I'd had good luck so far with shoes that week and I thought if they aren't good for Ebay, I can consign or keep until they'll fit my daughter). Again, she said her daughter is really picky and only wore them twice. I did find a play dress we'll keep.

The church sale was small but didn't disappoint! As I walked in, I spotted a girl's fall Gap jacket and picked it up to take in and ask about a price - fifty cents! All kids clothes/shoes were $.50! I got the jacket, some pants for my son, a beautiful dress-up dress (even my 4-year-old son said so... he loved all the sparkle - hehe!) and a pair of snow boots for a grand total of $2.50. I wish they'd had more stuff!

Feeling a little sad that I didn't have much to show for my treasure-hunting this week, I stopped into another thrift store that is hit or miss for me. I came away with a bag full of Avent bottles ($1.50 - the larger ones sell for more than the smaller ones), a pair of Gymboree jeans ($.90 - Gymbo jeans and dresses seem to sell best for me), a small bag of Little People ($.40) and a Monster's Inc. Mike W. figure ($.40). I figure I'll add Mike to my Sulley costume when I list it as an extra bonus!

Cooler temps this week - perfect garage sale weather, right?

2 comments:

  1. Great finds. Thanks for the tip on the Srtide Rites. Is love it if you would share some of your finds with my readers on my weekly link up Cast Offs to Cash. I love learning from everyone and sharing tips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great finds I always pass up those advent bottle because I thought no one would buy used bottles. (I breast feed so never had a use for them)

    ReplyDelete