Thursday, September 22, 2011

Thrift Finds: 9/19 Edition

I got a late start on Monday and wasted time driving around to find a Goodwill that didn't exist (except on the area GW website), so I only got to one Goodwill instead of my usual 2. I found a pair of Gymbo shoes, which I'll hold on to until spring, and a Webkinz with a sealed code.


At thrift store #1, I scored a couple Groovy Girls (one's actually a guy) and a GG horse. The stuffed bear is Janie & Jack - a great example of picking up something that looks interesting! I assumed it was a Boyd's Bear, but checked the tag to be sure, and almost gasped when I saw it was J&J. Nothing like it on Ebay, but some other plush listed anywhere from around $20-$50! At $2, a great buy. I also grabbed a pair of girl's Born shoes and a set of hot rollers. Oh, and a Hello Kitty watch from McD's. I have 2 others that I've ended up with from bags of toys I've bought at another thrift store. I'll probably sell the ones I have as a lot... or maybe see if I can get a full set.


I was checking out costumes (my Sulley and my Blue's Clues costumes both sold recently!), but didn't find anything interesting. The store did me a great favor, however, in having both all the costumes together and all the holiday sweaters! I usually have to look through all the sweaters for these, but I found 3 wonderfully ugly Christmas sweaters all nicely organized for me. You would not believe the amount of decoration and sequins on these sweaters!


The second thrift store held a stuffed Dory (Finding Nemo), another Groovy Girl (if this keeps up, I'll have a huge lot soon!), a stuffed Baby Bop NWT, a couple bottles (7 cents each), an Office mug with Michael Scott, a take-along Thomas covered bridge, some vintage puzzles, and 3 bags of toys (one had a smurfette, one had a Barney figure and a FP couch, and one had a Woody (Toy Story) Mega Bloks figure). The bags of toys are generally $.79 each, plush is usually $.99 for larger ones and $.69 or less for smaller. Plus, I get an additional 25% off on Mondays.


I did see both a Barbie camper/RV and airplane and called my husband to see if he'd look them up on Ebay. They were asking $30 for each, and I wasn't sure they were worth the investment. Turns out they weren't, but when I went back to look at them and check the dates, I noticed a Handy Manny doll - of course without the tools that come with it. I'd looked it up recently because my son has one and I was curious. Completed listings are all over the place, but I'm thinking maybe closer to Christmas?? Anyway, I almost passed him up since it was just the doll, but I knew he hadn't been there when I was just looking a few minutes earlier, so I did a quick glance around and right there above him were hanging his toolbox and tools all in a bag - doll & accessories were less than a dollar altogether.


I'm determined to get all my items listed. Hubby took the kids out for 3 hours yesterday and I got a lot of things organized and photographed. We have company coming this weekend or I'd list like a maniac tonight, but next week, I have got to get things up - otherwise they can't make me any money. I've been motivated because I've been consistently making sales this week and I'm hoping it keeps up.

I did hit a few yard sales this morning - not much, but one item I paid $1 for that could be worth $50! More on that later. Now, though, I must get cleaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment