Thursday, September 8, 2011

I heart the thrift store!

I've had frustrations with my thrift store from time to time. Their pricing can be all over the place. One week a dress is $.79 and the next time I'll find a similar one for $3.99. Toys never come with the pieces - I don't know if those donating don't include them or if they get sent to Little People heaven, but the houses/schools/carnivals never have any people/animals/figures to go with them. But, I still go back every week. And sometimes an extra-special surprise awaits.

I went in this week not really expecting much. They had a 50% off sale everything on Monday (for Labor Day), but I wasn't able to go. In my head, I assumed that anything good would have been snatched up and nothing would be left for me when I went in on Wednesday. How I forget that they get new inventory daily!

I ended up with 2 Ugly Christmas sweaters ($2 each), a pair of Pea in the Pod maternity jeans ($3), and several pairs of shoes ($2-$3 each). I didn't even realize they had a maternity section, but I'll be sure to check it out from now on! I tried to sell my maternity clothes at 2 different consignment sales and hardly anything sold, but everything sold on Ebay and, for the most part, sold for more than I'd had things marked for consignment - go figure! The pink shoes and Hello Kitty boots are for my daughter, but I scored another pair of Stride Rite shoes - this time extra wide!

Now for the really good stuff!!

Sully figure and Little Einsteins June doll - $.49 each (eh, they were cheap!)
Brand new in box Little People toy - $.99
Curious George new with tags - $.69
Babblin Boo doll - $.69 (and she works... she would start talking anytime I added anything to my cart!)
Meet Kirsten complete book set new in shrinkwrap - $3.99
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse toy - WITH figures and WITH plane!! - $2.99

Many thanks to Yard Sale Mommy, without whom I never would have known to keep an eye out for Babblin Boo or the Mickey Mouse clubhouse!

I heart the thrift store!

1 comment: