Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The week for shoes!

I took my Monday morning trip to Goodwill and God must have a sense of humor because my first stop was shoes and an employee was putting new ones out... there, in his cart? A pair of Dansko shoes. Yes, please! Now I know to grab those. I listed them later than night and added a BIN to the auction, and they sold the next day! Maybe I should have made my BIN higher, but I'm thrilled at a $35 profit. I also saw a pair of Ariat cowboy boots, but could not find a size, so I didn't get those. I have no idea how I would have figured that out!

The shoe trend continued at the thrift store where I found a like new pair of Gymboree toddler clogs and 2 pair of wide Stride Rite sneakers. I'm keeping one for my son - one of those instances where kids have enlightened me on great items for resale. Wide shoes are hard to find and extra wide are only made by Stride Rite, which are often expensive, and I, of course, have a son who needs wide shoes, so I looked for them on Ebay and saw these are great sellers. Now, it's an item I look for. In fact, I listed the pair I found, and it, too, sold at a BIN within a couple days.

9/5 Update: Those Gymbo shoes sold at a BIN, too!! Wahoo! 3 pairs of shoes bought and sold within a week for a total profit of over $60!

No comments:

Post a Comment