Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Note to Self...

... If you're at Goodwill and see a pair of shoes that look interesting, pick them up!

Since I don't have a smart phone, I sometimes write down interesting things I see, then go home to research before returning to buy. This morning, on a return trip to get some stuffed animals I'd seen yesterday, I saw a pair of women's Dansko shoes. They looked like they might be some sort of expensive shoe, but I wasn't familiar with them, so I went home to research and found I could probably make $15-$20 profit easy. After naps, I gathered up the kids to go back and get them, and they were gone. Boo!

I haven't wanted to get into the habit of having to make a lot of returns at Goodwill, but my local store DOES take returns, so next time I see something interesting, I'll pick it up. Meanwhile, if I see a pair of Dansko shoes anywhere, I'll definitely be grabbing them!

1 comment:

  1. I did that with a Barbie red volkswagon for .99 - I didn't pick it up, and then saw I could flip it easily for $20 - but it was gone the next day. We can give each other a little kick in the pants haha.

    Ashley
    The Thrifty Wife

    ReplyDelete