Monday, August 15, 2011

Last week's finds!

I didn't get pictures of all my spoils, but had some great finds last week hitting Goodwill, a local thrift store and several yard sales.

The thrift store typically will bag up smaller like items and sell them together (one day I'll share about my McDonald's Happy Meal toys score). I started looking through some bags around the book section when I noticed some Barney videos in one, and I'd read that Barney videos can sell well. For under $.50 for 3 movies, I decided it was worth a shot. I did notice several bags with 3-4 board books that looked to be in good condition. Unfortunately, you can't open the bags in store, but again, these were listed at around $.50-$.70 cents for each bag, so I grabbed several and was happy when I opened them at home to find they were all in pristine condition! I'll probably keep some, but hope to sell the rest. My best find in the book section were these 3:
They're Chunky Playskool Playbooks and I was floored when I opened the first one and recognized it from my own childhood (note to self - ask Mom if she still has it!). Not many are listed on Ebay right now, but one's at $25 and another around $10. If nothing else, I got a kick out of them! I also picked up an ugly Christmas sweater at the thrift store - I try to take a quick look through the sweaters for these, but this is the first time I've actually found one. At under $1, I should be able to make a few dollars at least.


Goodwill supplied me with several (SEVERAL!) Hanna Andersson dresses and a Gymboree dress and jeans, both from recent lines. I also picked up some puzzles for my kids at GW - one was still sealed.

I hit yard sales on Thursday and did okay. Went out of my way for a couple and wished I hadn't (I never feel like looking around at a sale when the first item I see has a print-out of a recent Ebay auction with the final price. I doubt I'll find any steals there!), but then drove by an unadvertised sale and picked up a pristine Playmobil set for $7 - it even had the instructions and another Gymbo dress for $.50. I also picked up some Look & Find books for a quarter each. My kids love these and I've had success selling these at consignment sales in the past.

I need to get busy listing all the fall/winter clothes I accumulated over the summer! Trying to decide if I should do auctions or BIN. I need to start moving some of this stuff out of the house before my dear husband is not quite so understanding about my attempt to help out our budget!

No comments:

Post a Comment